- If you lose mental capacity what happens to your investments?
- What happens to your bank accounts or joint accounts?
- How do you pay your bills?
- Who will make the decisions regarding your health care?
- Who will make sure that your Financial Plan will be carried out?
Without a Lasting Power of Attorney close friends and family (including your spouse/partner) do not automatically have the right to look after your financial affairs. If you do are deemed mentally incapable it is bank or building society practice to freeze ALL joint or sole accounts until you have an order from the Court of Protection.